JoULAB TikTok Coordinator
Open application - no submission deadline!
The Journal of the Undergraduate Linguistics Association of Britain is looking to recruit a TikTok Coordinator on a voluntary basis to join its Editorial Committee for a period of 12 months. This brand-new JoULAB position would involve creating and posting JoULAB and linguistics-related TikToks weekly to help expand JoULAB's reach. The TikTok Coordinator will liaison with the Editor & rest of the team to create content suitable to the Journal's goings ons, and coordinate social media posts across our various platforms.
This is a very exciting opportunity to play an influential part in a groundbreaking project. JoULAB is very proud that it is the world’s only undergraduate journal accepting submissions in any area of linguistics, and as such seeks highly enthusiastic, attentive, and organised individuals to fill its open Committee positions.
- Prospective applicants must be an undergraduate or graduate student studying for a degree in any field at the time of appointment, though a knowledge of linguistics is desired!
- You may not hold this role if you have a submission currently under consideration at JoULAB; if you have a submission and would like to apply, we ask that you contact us so that your submission may be withdrawn should your application be successful. Successful applicants will not be allowed to submit to the Journal during their tenure.
- Applicants must have a knowledge of or experience with TikTok algorithms and current trends
- Must be skilled in video editing and design
- Must understand our brand and niche
- Comfortable with your image on the TikTok (optionally!)
To apply, please use the form in-built on the ULAB website (here). You will need to provide a 500-word cover letter explaining why you wish to apply for this role, the specific experiences you have that make you qualified to succeed in it, and what you would hope to accomplish if your application is successful. Please also send a brief portfolio of your TikToks/video editing ability to [email protected] with the subject line “Editorial Committee Application - TikTok Portfolio”.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to a final round of applications, which may include attending a brief interview or completing a short role-specific task to assess aptitude. The best applicants will be able to prove that their academic, extracurricular, or personal experiences make them suitable for the position, that they have the time and flexibility to prioritise their work for JoULAB, and that they possess excellent skills relevant to the role for which they have applied.